Welcome to our Volunteer Opportunities page!
Here we share some of the many ways that you can get involved in your community to serve, give, and make a difference in the lives of others.
You will also find activities that youth have been engaged in on the last page of the participant packet.
And youth may keep track of activities, including the organization, position, and number of hours volunteered by completing a portfolio.
Some of our youth have participated in the following:
- Monthly Leadership Brunches
- Wisconsin Youth Leadership Forum annual leadership retreat
- Tuesdays at the Capitol
- Group volunteer service activities
- Self-Advocacy Conference – presenting and attending
- Art activities
- Advisory Councils
- Feed My Starving Children
- Charity events
- Food in the Hood
- Good in the Hood
- Pageant of Hope
- Interfaith Outreach and Community Partners
- Nursing homes and assisted living homes
- Local food shelves
- Park clean up
- Public policy activities
- Rallies at the state capitol
- Interviews on KFAI radio and Disability Viewpoints television shows (and cohosting)
- Area hospitals – hospitality and pushing activity cart
- Service mission trips – both in the U.S.A. through YouthWorks and international
- Tell Them Thanks – thank our military
Explore the community on your own or with our help:
- HandsOn Twin Cities
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- AmeriCorps VISTA